Monday, October 01, 2007
 

We're Alive and Thankful


Hi, everyone, this is Bailey. I hardly know where to start.

I know you've heard the news by now. I suppose that's rather silly to even say, given that the whole world apparently is talking of little else. We had so many comments on our last post I actually had to delete them all. So sorry about that. They were sticking up our system, and it was the only thing I could do. Now the phone is been ringing off the hook.

I know I don't sound very with it. That's because I'm not. Neither is the rest of our crew. You have to understand we were as surprised at all the revelations as everyone else. But there's one difference here. We know Carla. We love her. We know the person she is, and we've seen how this whole thing is just about to pull her under. I do believe we have every person in the national media here in Kanner Lake. I know you've seen plenty pictures of Java Joint in your newspapers and on TV. This third time around, you'd think we'd be used to it. But not really. We just want our town to go back to normal. Again.

Wilbur's about to pitch a fit. Carla's his special buddy. They argue all the time, but he loves that. Carla's one who can give it right back to Wilbur. He's told three to four dozen reporters where to get off already. If I don't watch him, I do believe the man will start standing guard in front of Java Joint with a shotgun. Please, please, if any of you reporters make it into the coffee shop, don't sit on Wilbur's stool. I don't need any more grief in here.

And grief is certainly the operative word. We got enough of it to go around the whole state and then some. Carla's ... well, can you imagine being in her place? Her whole life's been turned upside down. I'd just like to ask all of you--can't you just leave her alone for awhile? Put yourself in her shoes. Imagine the stress. Really, she just needs to be left alone while this all sorts out.

Thank you all for your concern. We do appreciate it. We're just a little tired right now. Haven't had a lot of sleep. And we have a lot to deal with in the town. So please give us a few days to regroup. We're strong here in Kanner Lake. We always do bounce back. But I admit our bounce is feeling mighty slow right now.

-- Bailey, for all the bloggers at Java Joint

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Thanks, Bailey...keeping Carla in my prayers! Hoping to read soon that she's doing well;-)
Posted by Blogger Deena Peterson : 10:54 AM
 
Oh, I'm so glad to hear from you all! Praying for you!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 5:17 PM
 
I wasn't going to vote for the man anyway.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 5:18 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home