Monday, September 24, 2007
 

Angie's Reflections


It's hard to believe over a year has slipped by since our lives were forever changed July 22, 2006. It is one of those dates that I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. It's just as etched in my mind as other major events, such as the day that JFK was shot. My, how things have changed in Kanner Lake, and even my own life, this past year.

In July, the press was back re-capping the events of a year ago. We came out of church to news vans and reporters. It was really a mess. Most of us simply pushed past the mob and went home. Of course, Milt Waking came to town a month before and shot a story for one of those Sunday night news shows. Maybe you saw it. I didn't watch it. I've lived it and don't need any reminders. However, I'm sure Milt did a tasteful job. I did have him over to dinner again, along with the family, since he and Frank Jr. have maintained their friendship. Poor Leslie, she was out of town on vacation with her family and missed all the excitement. We had Milt sign a picture for her, but of course it didn't replace meeting him in person.

As to the past few months since I last posted, they've been quite busy. We've had more T's (tourists) than ever in town this summer and I think everyone has been impacted. I've been helping Dimples at her gym since it seems that even people on vacation work out. I can't say that I've regained my Goldie Hawn figure, but I'm in much better shape than I was last year at this time and feeling great.

As for David and me, we're enjoying our relationship and having a lot of fun.

Cosmo continues to be my faithful companion and friend, although I do get tired of cleaning up the mess. I love him, but I would never have chosen to have another dog. Bev is still convinced that she did the right thing, but trust me, never give a pet to an unsuspecting friend. Of course, she and her husband dote on Talkatoo. She has that silly bird quoting Shakespeare at times.

As for Frank Jr., I've sworn off trying to get him married. Of course he's helped the situation by finally courting a wonderful young woman from Coeur d'Alene. She has no problems with squirrels. I can't say any more...

And I'm going to be a grandma again! Melissa and Reggie are expecting a baby boy next month. That will make four children. I don't know how she does it sometimes with soccer, ballet, home-schooling, and working part time in their business. I'll be spending some serious time in Coeur d'Alene helping for the next couple of months.

My goodness, how time slips away. I've got to run and help Dimples at her gym. Just one more thing, I forget to tell you, I've finally started my children's book.

Catch you next time.


--Angie

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM