Monday, May 21, 2007
Howdy, Wilbur here. In the last post Bev wrote this crazy list of "eight random facts" about herself. I gotta say, that's the most boring list I ever read. I told her so, and naturally she got all huffy on me. Said I should write my own list rather than "impugn" hers. (I have no idea what the word means, much less how to spell it. Good thing Carla's typing this for me.)
So I'm answerin' Bev's boring list. Here's my eight:
1. I can count to ten in English. On a good day.
2. Who's Shakespeare?
3. Sure I been outside the U.S. Went to Korea. In the army, from 1951-1953. Let's just say I did a little more than sightsee.
4. Who in their right mind collects African violets? I don't collect nothin' other than good stories.
5. My middle name is nobody's business.
6. I don't believe for one second Bev killed a rattle snake--in her backyard or anywhere else. As for me, I lost count of the number of critters I bagged over the years.
7. No wonder Bev's elevator don't go all the way to the top. Anybody who's corrected over 75,000 essays oughtta be google-headed. Only thing I ever corrected is kids when they're not actin' right. Which is most of the time. Don't get me started on kids these days.
8. What in tarnation is lutefisk? For Christmas I got a new shotgun. And I aim to do a whole lot more with it than let it sit in my pantry.
There, Bev. Now stop yappin' at me.
And get your species straight, for heaven's sake. People speak, talk, converse, negotiate, yak, communicate, discuss, deliberate, reason, chat, inform, joke, laugh, yell, call, dialgoue, teach, lecture, and debate. Dogs yap.
Links to this post:
Bailey Truitt ~ Java Joint owner
Leslie Brymes ~ reporter extraordinaire
Carla Radling ~ realtor at your service
Wilbur Hucks ~ ya gotta love him
Jake Tremaine ~ retired logger
Ted Dawson (S-Man) ~ sci-fi writer
Hank Detcher ~ pastor and friend
Janet Detcher ~ keeps Hank in line
Bev Trexel ~ retired teacher
Angie Brendt ~ Bev's best pal
Sarah Wray ~ Simple Pleasures owner
Jared Moore ~ Kanner Lake Times
LEARN MORE ABOUT KANNER LAKE
A Christian Worldview of Fiction
Mary Ann Diorio
Girl's Write Out
Joy in the Litter Box
A Life in Pages
Pieces of Me
Readin N Writin with Patricia
Robin Lee Hatcher's Write Thinking
Enter your email to subscribe
to Scenes and Beans
Powered by FeedBlitz