Thursday, April 05, 2007
 

The Light


Pastor Hank here with you folks. I know we've been pretty quiet since the recent tragic events. I'm sorry we've not kept up, but I imagine you all can understand why. Thanks for all those who've said prayers and sent notes of condolences. It does mean a lot to us. The kindness of strangers in this terrible time reminds us of the good in the world.

I still shake my head and wonder how such darkness could have here in Kanner Lake, much less anywhere else. We've all had our share of introspection. I've also noted people giving sidelong glances to others passing on the street, as if they don't trust anyone anymore. It saddens me to think we are living like this.

People have been talking to me constantly, and I wish I had all the answers. I'm afraid that I'm just one simple country preacher. I can't explain everything that has been happening here. Only in heaven will we know all the answers, I suppose.

However, there are things that I do know, and have great confidence in. The fact that it is Easter week gives me great comfort, because it is there that darkness had its greatest defeat. The glory of Easter morning is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead to give new life to all who trust in Him, and to bring victory over the powers of darkness. As it says in Isaiah, "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."

I haven't really preached hard before on this blog, since it is for Kanner Lake and not "Pastor Hank's Pulpit." However, this town needs some healing right now, and if I think I've got a remedy, I would be amiss in holding it back.

So yes, I am sad, but I am not defeated. Neither is Kanner Lake. These are good folks here, and we'll pull together. We'll keep praying, and you all out there in cyberspace do the same if you're so inclined, all right? And if you're in the neighborhood this Easter Sunday, the doors to New Community Church are open. We'd love to have you celebrate with us.

Blessings,


Pastor Hank

-----------------

Read the personal blog of the author of this post: www.spoiledfortheordinary.blogspot.com



Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Wish I could be there to celebrate with you, Pastor Hank. As it is, we'll be attending our church in Kansas. :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:33 PM
 
Everything that happened there did raise some interesting issues. I probably didn't get it all from the news--and who knows it what we got was right. But it was a strange story. Maybe Leslie will do another interview on some show, and we'll hear more of it. ??
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:34 PM
 
If I were Leslie, I would just want to run and hide. Forget interviews.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:35 PM
 
Preach on, Pastor!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 3:59 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home