Monday, April 02, 2007
 

An Announcement from David Clanton (Angie's Friend)


(Note from Bailey: David wrote this post before everything that happened week before last, so it's been sitting awhile. It's time to get back to running our regular posts. We in Kanner Lake are struggling back to our normal lives, and that struggle will continue for awhile, but our lives do go on. And God is watching over us. I thank you all so much for the personal cards we've received at Java Joint. I've kept them on the counter so all the Scenes and Beans posters could read them. They've lifted our hearts.)

Now, David's post:

I asked Bailey if she would help me with this post, and she kindly consented. I'm just not used to public writing, especially when it involves personal topics. Angie was not comfortable posting this, so you get to hear directly from me. Rumors have been flying locally, and I wanted to set the record straight for Angie and myself.

Last week, after renewing our friendship over six months ago, Angie consented to move our relationship from just friends to dating. As some of you know, both Angie and I were widowed a couple of years ago after long marriages. You may also know that Angie and her husband Frank, and my wife Capi and I were close friends, a friendship that continued after Capi and I moved away from Kanner Lake. That friendship made it hard for Angie and me to admit that we were becoming attracted to one another in a deeper way. It almost felt as if we were being unfaithful to Capi and Frank.

We don't know if we will get married, but I want everyone to know that my intentions are honorable and that I think Angie is a wonderful person. She has added so much to my life. Of course, we've already told our kids, and Angie is telling Bev today, hopefully before she reads this post. You may have noticed Bev dropping some heavy hints.

I don't know if any of you have found yourself in a similar situation, dating again after a long, wonderful marriage, but it sure is tough. Although I know Capi is in heaven, I sometimes feel as if I'm being unfaithful by seeing Angie. It doesn't help that Frank was one of my best friends. Logically, I know that Capi and Frank are smiling in heaven at this turn of events, but there are some days when I struggle with some guilt. I know that Angie has gone through some of this too. I'm sure that God will help us resolve this if His plan is for us to marry, but I guess we'll have to wait for that. Don't misunderstand me, Angie and I are having a wonderful time and we don't spend a lot of time dwelling on this, but I would love to hear how some other widows and widowers handle this.
-------------------

Read the personal blog of the author of this post.


Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
It's about time. That's all I can say.
Posted by Blogger Bev Trexel : 12:29 PM
 
Oh, yay! I've been waiting a long time for this announcement. What a refreshing post after all we've been through.

As for how it will end--I've been telling God what He should do.
Posted by Blogger Leslie Brymes : 12:50 PM
 
David and Angie:

Your lives are ahead of you, not behind. Use the joy and experiences in your previous marriages to build this current relationship. God will smile on you.
Posted by Blogger Janet Detcher : 12:52 PM
 
I say go for it, you two. I agree with what Janet said.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:53 PM
 
I'm a lurker here, but this post has brought me out of lurkdom. As someone who lost her husband five years ago and is now is a new relationship, I can understand the emotions. You will never replace the longterm marriage you once had. But you can go on to a new season in your life.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:55 PM
 
No need for guilt. The others are right. As great as the past may have been, the future lies ahead of you.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:08 PM
 
Wilbur wants to be a bridesmaid.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:08 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home