Monday, February 12, 2007
 

I'm On a Rant


Howdy, it's Wilbur Hucks with you on this Monday morning. Lots going on around here. I'm sure you all know that--you can read the papers just like I can. Except I don't need to read 'em since I'm livin' here seein' everything take place.

The trial's supposed to end this week, that's what we're hearing. But it may not be until around Thursday or Friday. Everybody's on pins and needles, I can tell you that. We just want this behind us. Of course, Paige does especially.

But you're hearin' enough about that on the news--that's not what I want to talk about today. I'm doggone riled up, and when Wilbur Hucks is riled, the folks I'm riled at had best watch it. What am I so mad about, you ask?

Stupid people cuttin' down our military folk.

Listen. You can hate war all you want. You can this particular Iraq war all you want. You can think it's the dumbest thing we ever did. But you can't say idiotic things about the brave men and women who are serving in our forces.

I served in the military myself--the Korean War. I didn't have a lot of time on the battle field worrying about whether I thought the war was a good thing or not. I just did my duty, tried to protect myself and my fellow soldiers, and come home in one piece. I was lucky. I got to do just that. A lot of my buddies didn't. Those people over there in Iraq are heroes. They're doing what their country has told them to do. They're putting their life on the line to fight terrorists and try to help those Iraqi people. They're not "mercenaries." They're not gettin' lots of "obscene amenities." They don't deserve to be "spit at". They deserve our respect and honor.

It's hard enough fighting, knowing you might be blown to bits any minute. It's got to be a whole lot harder now, when all our folk over there can read the news on the computer, and read about crazy people and how they tear down the military. You think that don't make them feel bad? They're over there fightin' while we're here in our snoozy soft beds, and all they get is bad attitude and disrespect from some people. It's downright disgusting.

When I see anybody in uniform here in the states, I go up and shake their hand. I say thank you for their service. That's what you should be doin' too. You don't want to do it for yourself, do it for me, and tell 'em Wilbur sent you.


Rant over. It better not have been for nothin'.

Posted by Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
While I am firmly against the Iraq war, I do agree with you about our brave armed forces, Wilbur. Rant on.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:01 AM
 
Hear, hear! I'm one hundred percent behind you, Wilbur!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:02 AM
 
Me too.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:06 AM
 
As a vet myself, I'm sure you can guess my opinion.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 4:31 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home