Monday, January 29, 2007
 

Finally--a Decent Post on This Blog


Howdy on a Monday. Wilbur Hucks here. It's about time I got back on this thing. First Scenes and Beans gets lost in outer space somewhere. I kept askin' Bailey--where is it? Just gone, she says, disappeared. Pfffft. Now how does that happen? A whole durn file of stories just gone? If a kept a filing cabinet at my house full of stories, I can guarantee you I wouldn't wake up one morning and just find the whole thing vanished into thin air. I never will understand these computers. All the same, they do allow me to talk to you, sitting at your breakfast table in some fancy New York City apartment or wherever, so I guess I should be grateful. But you think they'd make 'em so they wouldn't up and eat somebody's entire blog.

Anyway, after the thing reappeared--just pffft and there it was--then folks like Bev started yappin' about writing a book analysis (whatever that is) and memorizing poems and all kind of craziness. Then Angie gets on and tells the silly tale of how she got Bev a bird, because Bev got her a dog ...


What is this blog comin' to? We get the thing back, and all we're spouting is nonsense. People are gonna start thinkin' we're total idiots.

So finally--here I am. Guess what I got for the new year. A new typist. She may last awhile if I don't choke her silly. Since Scenes and Beans started, Bailey was typing my posts for me whilst I dictated. (I never could type and I ain't learnin' now.) Then the blog started workin' a little too well. Meaning more and more of you Ts (tourists, if you don't know our lingo) started comin' round to meet the famous folk at Java Joint. Especially me. (I'll talk more about that in a minute.) Anyway now Bailey's too busy serving everybody to sit down at the corner computer table and let me dictate. So guess who's helping me--Carla Radling. That's right, Miss Know-it-All Realtor who can't go two minutes without giving me some yap. [Carla here--he's about to see just how bad my yap can be.] I'm grateful for her help and all, mind you. But she starts typing things I don't say and insertin' her own little how-do-ya-do remarks, she's gonna owe me a month's worth of coffee. [It'll be worth it.]

Now back to all you Ts who are gracin' us with your presence. Please be sure to know you're welcome. If I didn't tell you that, Bailey'd have my hide. Besides, she needs the money. Did you know this café supports her and her husband, since he's home sick and on disability? So come and buy lots of coffee and pastries in the morning, then pop back for sandwiches at lunch. But here's the thing, and you'd best not forget it. There are four stools lined up at the counter. The farthest on the left is mine. Got that? Nobody else sits on that stool when I'm around. And I happen to be around every morning, so don't push it. I don't take kindly to waltzing in on a fine morning and first thing you know, I'm havin' to push some T's big behind off my stool. And while I'm at it, I might as well stick up for Jake and tell you his stool is next to mine.

The other two stools--the ones closest to the front windows--are up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. Leslie or Carla or most of the other Scenes and Beans bloggers will take 'em if they're empty, but they won't fight you for them. There are three bloggers who don't sit there. Angie and Bev have their own table across the café, where they can sit and gossip about everybody and his brother. And fight with each other. For "best friends," those two sure know how to stir things up. And S-Man's always over at his table near the back wall, typing away and muttering crazy comments to himself in some language nobody ever heard of.

Well, I guess that's about it for me for today. I'm glad to be here with you in 2007--now that it's almost February.

-- Wilbur Hucks



Posted by Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Wilbur, I wouldn't dream of sitting on your stool. And I do hope to visit Kanner Lake someday.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:24 AM
 
I'd like to be in Java Joint when you're dictating to Carla. Now that must be something to watch.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:25 AM
 
Trust me, it is.
Posted by Blogger Bev Trexel : 10:26 AM
 
Wilbur, why don't you mind your own business? Bev and I get along just fine, without your input, thank you very much!
Posted by Blogger Angie Brendt : 4:34 PM
 
Well, Wilbur, at least she didn't call you an old coot.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 5:17 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home