Monday, December 11, 2006
 

Our Christmas Tradition


Hey there, Leslie Brymes here at Java Joint, taking advantage of a few quiet moments.

I'm not the only one humming Christmas hymns, am I? As soon as the last football game is over and all the Thanksgiving leftovers have been divided among the family members I can't help but turn to the next holiday. And there's so much to do!

There are choir practices for the Christmas service at church, parties to attend, donations to collect for the food bank, decorations to hang and a tree to trim, treats to bake, cards and presents to mail out... It's a wonder I have time to listen to my favorite Christmas CDs and watch movies like White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life.

Oh, and there's one activity I absolutely cannot miss, no matter what's happening in December. Dad and I make a family of snowpeople on the front lawn each year. I'm responsible for the fashion of the snowman, his wife and their two kids, so old scarves, hats and even jackets are pulled out of storage for the season. It's just not the same if there's a green Christmas, but then we make do with broom and stick people. Fortunately that color Christmas is very rare!

Is there something fun your family does every year? Do tell. Maybe some of us in Kanner Lake will get a new idea or two.

For anyone else running around like crazy already, I salute you with a ginger spiced latte and one of Bailey's great pumpkin muffins. Have a great holiday!


Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
As one who lives where there is no snow, we can't do the snowmen. But we do decorate our house. For years my husband climbed the ladder to hang lights. Now I hire teenagers to do it. So festive!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:22 AM
 
I love making snowmen! My brother and I would make them until our hands nearly froze. Then we'd come in and Mom would have hot chocolate. Now we're both in high school and don't do that much anywhere. We should. Maybe this year...
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:23 AM
 
Oh, I love the baking! I'll make all sorts of cookies and brownies. I love to decorate the sugar cookies especially. And hubby loves to eat them!
Posted by Blogger Sarah Wray : 3:13 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home