Wednesday, November 15, 2006
 

What Do Your Belongings Say About You?


Here's Carla talking at you. I have this writer friend who lives down in Arizona. I met Jennifer Cary at a hotel in Denver a few years ago. She was there for a writer's conference and I was town for realtor's workshops. Jennifer had such a charismatic personality. I was quite intrigued. I found out she was a teacher and a published author. Before we both left, we decided to exchange e-mail addresses, and have kept in touch ever since.

After visiting her blog, Abundant Blessings,
I realized that some of those writer types, while odd, usually have some interesting things to say. (Take our own S-man, for instance.) Recently Jennifer had a post on her blog about "What our purses say about our personalities." She asked some of her writer friends to display their purses. I thought it was kind of cute. I had no clue who the purses belonged to, so I went back to see the answers this week.

One of the authors Jennifer used in her study was Brandilyn Collins. I’m sure you’ve heard of the sometimes quirky, if not strange local suspense writer from over in Coeur d'Alene. I laughed when I saw the purse she carried and read a comment of one of the bloggers, who guessed that the purse must belong to someone who writes historical fiction. Another person guessed she had to be a romance writer. LOL.

At first I thought, hmm, guess our purses may not say as much about us as Jennifer thought. But then I got to thinking. You know you could carry around a pretty big weapon in a bag that size. And we all know how that Collins woman seems to like killing people off. Maybe Jennifer is onto something. ;)

Since I'm figuring the guys who read this blog won't relate to the whole purse thing, tell me something you own that says something about yourself. Your purse, clothes, car, house, anything that you think captures who you are. For me it's my house. I love it. It's small and charming, painted blue. Very open interior, with one room flowing into another. It's my own little safe haven. An escape from a sometimes harsh world.


Now what about you?


Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
My pickup truck says I love fishing and hunting. Just take a look inside and in the back, and you'll get the idea.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:56 AM
 
Forget your pickup truck, Jake, what about the hat that's forever on your head? You ever wash that thing?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:57 AM
 
My purse says I'm a very picky, everything-in-its-place person. It's compact, nice leather, and perfectly packed inside.

I would bet Bev's purse is the same way.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:34 AM
 
What do my rhinestone-studded jeans say about me? I'm a sparkling babe, that's what!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 1:43 PM
 
Leslie, you always look so cute in those jeans. Very you!

And I'm sorry, Jake, but I have to agree with Wilbur. That hat has seen its better days. ;)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:21 PM
 
Let's take up a collection and buy Jake a new hat. Leslie, you do the honors. Maybe you'll bring back one with rhinestones.

Hack, hack. I just got laughin' so hard I choked.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:29 PM
 
Hey Carla,
Thanks for the PR. It was a blast meeting you and I'm glad we've kept in touch. As for the bag, "It's all about the bling," according to Ms. Collins, who really is quite attached to her purse.
Abundant blessings,
Jenny Cary
Posted by Blogger Jenny : 4:54 AM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home