Monday, November 13, 2006
 

The Other Twenty-five Percent


Hello, Bev Trexel with you today. After four months of interruptions, I've finally made it back to my original topic: why I am writing for this blog. Four months. My goodness. I knew I should have never agreed to this. But it is too late now.

As I made very clear in my first post, I hold my friend Angie mostly responsible for my participation in this activity (although what type of friend would write such slanderous things about me as she has might be brought into question). But to be fair, I cannot blame her one hundred percent. Twenty-five of it sits squarely in my husband's lap.

When we were first married, I didn't drink coffee. I could not stand the bitter stuff. But my husband insisted on having a cup of it every morning. So every morning, like any dutiful wife would, I brewed him a cup.

And every morning he would tell me how bad it tasted. "This isn't coffee, Bev. No flavor at all. I might as well be drinking water."

"You'd be better off drinking water," I would remind him.


"Well, that might be, but I still say this isn't coffee. It's only good for warming up hands."

Hopeless, that husband of mine.

Finally I became tired of hearing how bad my coffee was. I decided to learn to drink it myself to prove it wasn't nearly as bad as he said it was. The problem was once I got beyond the bitterness I enjoyed drinking a cup of coffee every morning.

So if my husband hadn't complained, I would never have learned to drink coffee. No taste for coffee, no trips to Java Joint. No trips to Java Joint, no request from Bailey. Therefore, twenty-five percent is truly my husband's fault.


Let's not forget that the rest is Angie's.

--Bev


Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Bev, as much as you try to make this sound like you don't like writing for this blog, I think it comes through that you secretly do and just don't want to admit it. Plus, we hear that you're at Java Joint every morning with Angie--even have your own regular table--so it sounds like you learned to enjoy coffee A LOT.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:07 AM
 
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:08 AM
 
I didn't drink Pepsi or Coke until I met my current boyfriend, so I'm with you, Bev. I don't have anything to blame on Angie, though. ;)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:45 PM
 
Let's just blame everything on Angie. The weather. The war. Heck, imagine the things we'll get off our own shoulders. She's so busy trying to fix up that bachelor son of hers, she'll never notice.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 3:23 PM
 
Are you all crazy? Wilbur's to blame for the war.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 3:24 PM
 
Wilbur...Angie's at it again!!
Janet... do you know what Angie just did....?
Bev...Angie messed with the coffee...
Jake...is that Angie with your pup?
Bailey!!!...Angie's........
Posted by Blogger midspoint : 8:43 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home