Friday, November 03, 2006
 

Love That Raspberry Salsa


Hi, it's Sarah Wray. I don't know about you, but my church doesn't always get out at the same time every week. I try to put lunch on the table quickly when we get home so that husband of mine doesn't become a bear, growling over the kitchen bar, waiting and watching with persistent questions. Sometimes he's worse than a four-year-old.

Last Sunday, when our church got out later than usual, Pastor Hank stayed to visit with several people. It didn't seem like he was in a hurry to leave, so I invited him and his wife, Janet, over for lunch. They were happy to come.

Anyway, I tossed some chicken in the oven and made a nice green salad to go with it. But my chicken can get a boring without a little something added to it. Since I will not allow Pastor Hank and his wife to leave my house with the idea that I can't cook, I used the Raspberry Salsa that I brought home from Simple Pleasures' specialty foods section.

That Raspberry Salsa is alive with flavor, and it's such a time-saver. No need to chop vegetables or make a sauce. This little jar made my work quick and easy. Ten minutes before the chicken came out of the oven, I dabbed some salsa on the pieces. Our taste buds started a party, I'll tell you. That sauce really has some zing to it.

We visited about the sermon, which was really good by the way, and we listened to Pastor Hank tell about his plans for a church get-together later on. But I noticed that both my husband and Pastor Hank reached for extra salsa to help them finish the rest of their chicken.

To cool our mouths after lunch, a light dessert seemed to be in order. Fruity Yogurt Salad is perfectly soothing. I knew it would be just the thing. I mix fresh blueberries, red grapes, and chopped strawberries with some banana yogurt and serve chilled. It's that simple!

If Raspberry Salsa is anything like the Latin dance, Fruity Yogurt Salad is like sitting in a rocking chair on the back porch in the cool of the evening.

Pastor Hank and Janet said they enjoyed the visit and the good food. I could tell by the way Janet studied her dessert that she'll be looking for the ingredients at the store the next time she goes for groceries.

I'll bet she comes by Simple Pleasures for some salsa, too.

-- Sarah

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
"If Raspberry Salsa is anything like the Latin dance, Fruity Yogurt Salad is like sitting in a rocking chair on the back porch in the cool of the evening."

My, Sarah. You ought to be writing.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:19 AM
 
Ohh, that Raspberry Salsa sounds wonderful! I know my husband would like it. And the Fruity Yogurt Salad. . .you have my tastebuds dancing and I haven't even tasted it yet :).
Posted by Blogger Marjorie Vawter : 8:43 AM
 
Hey, Sarah, that salad sounds so easy, I think even I could do it and surprise the wife. Now if I could just get Trudy outta the kitchen for awhile...
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:47 AM
 
Wilbur, the best favor you could do Trudy is stay OUT of the kitchen.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:48 AM
 
Elizabeth, I like working in my store just fine. I'll leave the writing to the professionals.

Margie, Thanks for your kind comments.

Hope it works out for you, Wilbur!

Enjoy!
Posted by Blogger Sarah Wray : 9:58 AM
 
Hey, I could get in on this one, too. Make up some fruity salad for my best babe. (That's my wife, in case any of you out there are getting any ideas.) Wilbur--your kitchen or mine?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 1:09 PM
 
Heck, couldn't care less about the salad. I'd for some of that chicken, though. I like to cook. I'll check out the Simple Pleasures web site, Sarah. See if you ship the salsa. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 4:19 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home