Monday, October 02, 2006
 

War of Words at Java Joint


Hey, all, this is Jake. It's my turn again. Somehow Bailey thinks I need to spill my pearls of wisdom before you. Problem is I don't have many to share.

I get a chuckle out of reading the posts though. You should see the arguments that rage in Java Joint over what this or that person said. People are always fighting about sitting at Bailey's computer over at the corner table to read the latest post. That thing's getting might gooey with latte spill, not to mention Bev's and Angie's sticky fingers from all their pastries.

Wilbur and Carla just go at each other. It's quite a show. And then Leslie and Bailey try to get between them. Well, at least verbally between them. It's hard for Bailey 'cause she's flying around behind that counter making drinks and sandwiches for all the tourists. And before long Leslie forgets she's trying to mediate and starts whaling at Wilbur, too. If only the girls understood that's exactly what Wilbur wants. The sly old guy loves to be the center of attention--ANY kind of attention. And he pokes -em in all the right places to keep it going.

There now. I've spent an entire post avoiding the subject of how I'm using my time now that I'm retired. You know I was going to try woodworking. So how'd it go, you ask?

It flopped. Like a fish outta water.

Maybe next time I'll tell ya the sordid details.

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Details, Jake, we want details.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:38 AM
 
Jake, you're such a fisherman, why are you looking for any other pasttime? Just go catch that big one in the slough you keep talking about.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:40 AM
 
Oh, for heaven's sake, it's hardly as bad as Jake makes it seem.

(Really, you all--I don't want to scare the tourists away.)

Let's just say we're a lively group. But we all LOVE each other. Right, folks?
Posted by Blogger ~ Bailey Truitt : 4:42 PM
 
I'm with Frank. If you can't catch Big JOnah, catch everything else in Kanner Lake.

Besides, if you ever did catch BJ, I'll bet you'd be disappointed. No more challenge after that. You might even find yourself letting that big fish go . . .
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 5:21 PM
 
I think S-man's got his head on straight. Okay, nobody understands him, but he seems to understand everyone else, in his own way of course. Reminds me of myself. S-man you keep doing what you're doing and don't let these hicks bother you.

David
Posted by Blogger David : 5:03 AM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home