Wednesday, October 11, 2006
 

Resonating with the Written Word


"There's no greater power than that which is generated by the combination of ink and paper." As I have said before, I think often of this phrase my grandfather passed on to me. When I was younger, I assumed it to be specifically tied to his love for reporting. Now, as I have grown older, it has come so much more than that to me. The written word, whether it be a news reports, novel, a poem or even lyrics for a song, is something that resonates within each reader. As the words are taken in, they in turn stir up passion, awaken memories, evoke emotion and find completion in the mind and heart of the reader.

Normally, concert or music coverage falls under Leslie's tasks due to the more age appropriate perspective, but this one I wanted all for myself. As a member of the press, I got a pass to attend the Wherever You Are tour with Third Day and David Crowder Band. All I can say is that I was reminded in a big way of the power of those words when they are woven together with a melodic thread. My grandfather's quote resonated in the back of my mind as I experienced talented musicians passionately conveying a message of hope of healing through songs aptly titled "Cry Out To Jesus" and "Mountain Of God."

As our community of Kanner Lake continues to heal from such a difficult summer, we look forward to celebrating hope for our future. As the songwriter in the band wrote:

"Even though the journey's long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who's gone before me
He will help me carry on.
After all that I've been through
Now I realize the truth--
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God."


--Jared Moore

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Hi Jared! That is a wonderful song.
Was this your first 3D show? I bet it won't be your last. :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 6:09 AM
 
I agree with Traci--beautiful words. Thanks for this thought, Jared. Your posts always give me something to think about.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 7:59 AM
 
Reminds me of how Jesus is referred to as "The Word" in John 1. And how God created everything by speaking words. There is such a mystery in the power of words. And then God gave all of us creative tendancies, and some of us a passion for words. Imagine how He can use us as, guided by Him, we put those words together in stories, songs, and poems. It's amazing!
Posted by Blogger batgirl : 8:24 AM
 
"There's no greater power than that which is generated by the combination of ink and paper." This holds true for all of us writers...
From Moses to John, and down through the ages, we who put pen to paper hope to touch the hearts and minds of our readers in a way that will be remembered for a time long beyond our own.
Posted by Blogger midspoint : 4:48 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home