Wednesday, October 25, 2006
 

Let's Get Physical ... Or Not


Hi all! Angie Brendt here. I want to thank all you lovely Kanner Lake ladies one more time for those delicious pies you sent Frank Jr.'s way. I may have tasted a few and they were all delicious. Especially the apple crumbs. Mm-mm.

The only thing is now I'm carrying around some extra pounds. Normally it wouldn't bother me. I've been plump all my life. However, a certain dinner companion made a comment. He said, "You look different."

Different. I knew exactly what he meant by that.

Now, before you start assuming that I care what he thinks about my appearance, let me tell you that's not it. I think I've just been feeling a little uncomfortable lately and his observation reminded me why.

When Angie is unhappy, she does something about it. So, I've decided to take off a few. Announcing it to friends is supposed to help you reach your weight-loss goal because friends hold you accountable. So, Kanner Lake, hold me. Accountable that is, tee-hee. Letting folks know that I was on a diet is part of my game plan, and so is exercise.

I read in a lady's magazine that jumping rope is supposed to be one of the best ways to lose weight and it gives you a great cardiac workout to boot.

Jumping rope? I used to love to do that as a girl. I'd spend hours hopping over a rope without realizing I was exercising, because it was so much fun. I figured it was the perfect choice for me.

I thought wrong.

I tripped over the thing more times than I successfully hurled my undisclosed amount of weight over it. Then I whapped myself in the head with the plastic handle when it flew out of my hand. Eventually I got the hang of it, though, and today I've never felt better. Except for the bruised knee and sore spot on the side of my head.

All in all I'd say it was a success. It was certainly the best three-minute workout I've ever had.

I might even try it again next month.

-- Angie

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
I don't know about the jumping rope, but those sweet coffee drinks and pastries you and Bev consume at Java Joint every morning might be part of the problem...
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:54 AM
 
Hey, Jake, there's something you can do with your time--jump rope with Angie.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:48 AM
 
Angie, why don't you try walking? Much better than jumping rope, and it gets you outside in the fresh air. I take a brisk three-mile walk three times a week. Great exercise.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:09 PM
 
whoa, Angie... are you gonna take all this???!!! I'd say, next month try something a little more "loser" friendly........
Posted by Blogger midspoint : 6:15 PM
 
I second the walking. You don't get so sweaty. Or take advantage of that beautiful lake. Swimming is one of the best exercises and easy on the joints.
Posted by Blogger batgirl : 8:17 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home