Monday, September 04, 2006
 

Wanted: Daughter in law with a sense of humor and child-bearing hips.


Good morning, Kanner Lake! Your giggling and colorful friend Angie with you on this fine Labor Day.

I wanted to use my post to set the record straight about my friendship with Bev. We're fine even if I did get so mad her. Most of the time, she's the one who's angry with me. Oh boy does she ever get mad! Once a day most of the time, but she's all bluff and bluster. She gets hotter than an asphalt driveway in Texas summer but it never lasts longer than it takes for me to say I'm sorry. So, you can all stop trying to get us to kiss and make up; we're fine. Though I appreciate your concern, I truly do. You all are the sweetest. (Sarah, I know that candle came from you. Bev would never send me a "friendship" candle or anything else. That's just not her, but thank you, sweetie. And Bailey, thanks for sending Bev those mini-muffins with the card signed from me. She knew they weren't really from me but we sure did enjoy eating them. The chocolate ones are to die for.)

As far as Bev accusing me of dating David Clanton, well, I know she's just worried that a man will come into my life and occupy all my time. Isn't that right Ms. Beverly? So, really the teasing is just a cover and is actually quite sweet. She doesn't want to lose our friendship. That would never happen of course. Who else could make me laugh so hard I snort?

Bev, you fire-ball, if you're reading this, don't worry, no handsome widower would ever take your place as my best friend. And David and I are just friends anyway. Don't think of him as someone taking your friend away, think of him as someone you can pawn your old man on so we can get out more. Wink.

Now, for the real meat of this post. My son Frank Jr. is coming home!!!! Do you think this old gal is excited to see her baby? Of course I am! Girls, wait until you see how handsome he's become. Of course those of you who knew him growing up know that he was always a looker. But, with the touch of gray pricking at his temples and the distinguished laugh lines working their way around his deep brown eyes, well, turning thirty-seven has agreed with him. So, why isn't he married, you ask? Good question!


I've been asking him that for about ten years now. I think I've finally figured it out and more importantly, what you eligible Kanner Lake women can help me do about that.

Stay tuned!



Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Looks like that supposed "most eligible bachelor in Kanner Lake" named Frank West might be in for some competition.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:57 PM
 
Good! Anonymous #1 and #2 from yesterday can have Frank Jr. That leaves Frank West for me.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 1:40 PM
 
Well, I don't know much about these women things, but I do know there's a good ten years separating the two Franks. That oughtta count for something.

Just what, I'm not sure. Nowadays, women seem to go for men of all ages.

OK, forget this comment. Go ahead and fight it out, Anonymousi.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 4:45 PM
 
Now ladies, the only reason that Frank West is currently the most eligible bachelor in town is because my Frank Jr. isn't living here. Just you wait and see.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:44 AM
 
You snort when you laugh? I'd like to see that.

Happy Labor Day!
Posted by Blogger David Meigs : 3:39 PM
 
Oooh! A Kanner Lake eligible bachelor? And 37? Sounds right up my alley. Might be, I'll find another reason to hang around this charming town. :)

Now, to figure out how to "bump" into him...
Posted by Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton : 3:02 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home