Wednesday, September 20, 2006
 

Frank Jr.'s Homecoming--Get Ready, Girls!


Hey, folks. Angie here again. Is everyone else enjoying the beginning of the beautiful fall colors? Here in Kanner Lake we have a lot of trees that are green all year long, but there are others that change. Our mountains aren't quite like those in the eastern part of the U.S., but we do see the change in season.

Guess what--only four days, six hours, and fifteen minutes before Frank Jr.'s plane lands. My, oh, my, won't it be good to have that boy home again! Needless to say, it's hard to pin me down these days.

Speaking of Frank Jr., I hinted in my last post about the reasons why he hasn't gotten married yet. Now, girls, this is just between you and me and . . . well, thousands out there in blogland. But mum's the word, okay? Because he'd be fit to be tied if he ever got wind of what I'm up to.

I think he hasn't found "the one" yet, because he's been all tied up in his career in Chicago, and all the girls he's met have been big city girls. Growing up in Kanner Lake, he got downright spoiled, being here with all the wholesome local gals. (Nothing against you all in the Windy City!) If you've ever been here in Kanner Lake, you know what I'm talking about. The kind of girl you can take home to Mom, and not have it completely spin Thanksgiving into utter chaos. (But that's a different story).

So on with my plan. Honestly, it's so simple I don't know why I didn't think of it years ago. If all the eligible ladies of Kanner Lake were to show Frank Jr. just a bit of that Kanner Lake hospitality, I'm sure he'd get serious real fast about settling down. All it would take is a home baked pie or perhaps a picnic down by the lake. (Okay, so you'd have to dress warmly.) Remember strawberry-rhubarb is his favorite, and I've still got some frozen strawberries from my own patch in the freezer, if you need some. So, how does that sound? Any of you girls up for a real Kanner Lake homecoming?

--Angie

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
Angie, I'll bake the best strawberry-rhubarb pie I got in me and sell it off to the highest female bidder. Who wants to start the bidding?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:48 AM
 
I'm in. I offer $20.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:49 AM
 
Hey! Who's posting under my name? I did NOT write that last comment! Is that you, Wilbur?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:50 AM
 
You little pipsqueak, it ain't me. I'd a thought a something way more clever to say.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:51 AM
 
Let me know how this turns out. If it works, I’ll give it a try on my oldest son. I’ve waited long enough for my first grandchild.
Posted by Blogger David Meigs : 3:46 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home