Tuesday, August 01, 2006
 

Angie's Chase--Part 2


So there we were, Bev and I, trotting down the sidewalk to catch actress Eva Longoria. I tell you--that Bev protested the whole way. You'd have thought I was pulling her along to feed her to the lions.

"This is ridiculous!" she wheezed. "The things you get me into. And just what do you expect to do when you catch up to her?"

Well, she had a point. What do you say to one of your most favorite actresses? Anything. It didn't matter what. I was just dying to meet her.

It didn't take long to catch up, which was a good thing because neither Bev nor I are in the best of shape these days. Too many cinnamon rolls at Java Joint.

Eva paused to read a poster outside a shop window. It was then or never, so I called out to her. "
Yoo hoo! Hello there!"

She turned around, looking very flustered. Staring at us as if wondering if she was supposed to know us. I skidded to a halt and thrust out my hand. My tongue got all tied up. "
Hi! Hello! I'm Angie. This is Bev. I'm dying to meet you. Angie's not, but she came along--wait, I didn't mean that. Of course she wants to meet you too."

Eva's eyes bounced from me to Bev and back. Slowly, she took my hand and shook it once. Then let go in a hurry.

"So how do you like Kanner Lake?" I gushed. "
"We just love you here. I watch you all the time."

A strange expression flitted across her face.
"You do?"

"Yes, yes, I just think you're so beautiful, and the way you stand up to that rat Albert on the show--"

Out of nowhere, a red blur bounded down the street. I knew at once it was Thelma Grady's Irish setter, Josie, loose again. Thelma lives just two blocks from downtown, and that crazy, overly friendly dog wriggles under the fence every chance she gets. Josie spied me and headed straight for the three of us at full speed.

"Aahhh!" Eva howled.

I stepped in front of her, protector of actresses that I am. Bev was left to fend for herself. Josie plowed into me with a vengeance, licking and barking happily. Well, my goodness, that dog knocked me clear off my feet! I fell into Bev, and Bev fell into Eva, and before you know it the three of us were sprawled on the sidewalk like Dominoes. Josie's tail went a mile a minute as she pranced right across Eva, then that idiot dog took off to find another victim of her excitement.

Oh, my! Eva Longoria, on the sidewalk--because of me! I thought I'd die of humiliation.

Turned out, that would have been nice, given what happened next.

-- Angie


Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 7:00 AM
Comments:
I still feel terrible about what happened. Josie just has too much energy for her own good and she loves you so much.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:59 PM
 
Oh my goodness! I remember seeing this. But my lips are sealed . . .
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:29 PM
 
Yea, I saw the whole thing, too, but I'll let Angie tell her story. I kept thinking to myself. If while he was still alive, John Wayne showed up in Kanner Lake, I'll admit it, I'd be pretty excited. I'd try not to act stupid about it, though. As far as geting this worked up over some television personality, well I just don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:39 AM
 
John Wayne? Wasn't he the old guy in all the cowboy movies? Now if I spotted Ace Young from AI, I'm sure I'd faint right on the spot. He's so hot.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:58 AM
 
Angie, just how many days do you plan on taking to tell this story, dear? I must say, you have aquired quite a knack for knowing just how to end the day's post. You certainly have piqued my interest and I shall return tomorrow to discover what does happen next. What a site this must have been!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:01 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home