Tuesday, July 25, 2006
 

Scenes and Beans Will Continue


Hello again from Bailey.

First of all, thanks to all of you who've written your comments of support. We are very, very grateful for your kindness.

I'm feeling a little more steady today, but not much. Not sure how long the steadiness will last. In an hour, I could be crying again. All I know to do is keep praying for our town and everyone affected by what happened here.

Some general updates for those of you who are wondering: Yes, many reporters are still here. And we have producers for TV shows running around, trying to be the ones to get inside stories from residents. Some people are willing to talk on camera about what happened, some aren't. I won't judge that one way or another. We have enough to deal with here without judging each other.

We are very proud of Leslie. I'm sure you can see why.

After thinking about how to handle posts for this blog, I've told all the Scenes and Beans post writers what we will do. We will not discuss the specific events and their ongoing ramifications here. I know that will disappoint many of you who started reading Scenes and Beans due to your curiosity about the case, but I simply don't want this blog used as a venue to keep the subject going. You have the newspapers and TV for that. If you choose to continue reading Scenes and Beans, know that you'll continue to get the slices of small town life we originally planned to give you. We hope you'll keep reading just to get to know us better, now that most of you were introduced to the town in such a shocking way. We hope that you'll come visit and see us the way we really are.

Tomorrow we will get back to our regular posts. Janet Detcher will introduce herself if she can get her post written. If not, another regular blogger will be up. With God's help, we'll go on from there.

Blessings and gratitude,

-- Bailey

Posted by ~ Bailey Truitt @ 6:00 AM
Comments:
You're doing the right thing, honey. We'll get through this together. All of us.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:36 AM
 
Thank you, Bailey. That't the spirit. I will continue to follow your blog and support your town.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:42 AM
 
Okay. I'm still listening to the news about the case, but it will be good to check in with the blog and see how life continues to go on for you all. Veterans know how to get through bad times and go on.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:43 AM
 
Oh, I'm so glad you'll keep writing! I'm still waiting to hear from S-Man again!

Love to you all.

P.S. See how one of my friends who I got to read your blog commented yesterday? I have spread the word about Scenes and Beans. :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:45 AM
 
Great decision Bailey. I fully support you. I will keep reading, you know I will.
Posted by Blogger Pammer : 1:19 PM
 
You go, Bailey!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:13 PM
 
I saw on the news today that . . . well never mind. You all know what's on the news. Sorry to bring it up. (But it is a fascinating story in a sad way.)

Glad to hear you'll continue blogging.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:17 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home